Dr. Abdelaziz Mustafa Mohamed
Dr. Abdelaziz is an Advisor to Catalyst Group for the areas of Capacity Building, Training and Development. He has a significant track record on building and executing training and development initiatives to enhance human capital in the area of Islamic finance.
Dr. Abdelaziz has over forty years of experience and most recently served in the capacity of Director at the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (“ICD”). His duties included Adviser to the CEO and was the acting CEO for the ICD at the request of the CEO. During his tenure in the Islamic Development Group (“IDBG”) of companies, Dr. Abdelaziz served as:
• Human Capital Development Department
• Director, Human Resources Management Department
• Human Resources and Knowledge Management Advisor
• Division Chief, Human Resources Planning and Development
• Head, Training and Development Section
In addition to his career with the IDBG of companies, Dr. Abdelaziz also held various international senior and management roles level roles related to training and development at the following organizations:
• University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
• Gulf Investment Corporation, Kuwait
• Kuwait National Petroleum Company, Kuwait
• Management Development Center, Sudan
• Ministry of Public Service and Administrative Reform, Sudan
Dr. Abdelaziz’s areas of interest and previous experience include:
• Human Resource Management, Strategy Development and Execution
• Organization review and design
• Human Resource Management policy
• Design and implementation of Training Programs and Workshops for self-development, change management, young executives development, performance management, etc.
• Review, design, and implementation of Performance Management Systems
• Design and implementation of Young Professionals and Talent Development Programs
• Advisory services for chief executives on Human Resources and talent development
Dr. Abdelaziz received a Bachelor’s of Arts from the University of Khartoum and went on to receive a Master’s in Public Administration and Ph.D. in International and Development Education from the University of Pittsburgh in the United States.