Dr. Said Bouheraoua
Dr. Bouheraoua is advisor to Catalyst Group with matters related to Shari’ah finance.
Dr. Bouheraoua serves in the following capacities:
• Associate Professor, a Senior Researcher, and Deputy Director of Research Affairs Department at the International
Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance
• Editor-in-chief of ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance
• Member of the Board of Directors & Chairman Islamic Shari’ah Committee of Affin Islamic Bank
• Shari’ah member of the Central Bank of Oman
• Shari’ah member of Takaful Ikhlas and MNRB Retakaful
• Shari’ah member of ISRA Consultancy Institute
• Member of the Board of Directors, Lyst Technologies
Dr. Bouheraoua has published four books, five chapters in books and numerous articles in refereed journals. He has also presented several papers at international conferences including, but not limited to the International Fiqh Academy of the OIC and Islamic Fiqh Academy of Muslim World League. He developed the curricula in Islamic law for four courses at IIUM and conducted training sessions in Islamic law, Islamic banking, and Islamic finance globally.
Dr. Bouheraoua received the Lamya al-Faruqi Award for Academic Excellence, 1999, from the International Institute of Islamic Thought & International Islamic University Malaysia.
Dr. Bouheraoua was has been appointed as Shari’ah consultant in the conversion of numerous conventional banks.
Dr. Bouheraoua received his Bachelors of Science Degree in Islamic Law, from Algiers University in 1991 and a Ph.D. in Islamic Law from International Islamic University Malaysia in 2002. He is a Registered Shari’ah Adviser with Securities Commission of Malaysia.