Cataylst Group (“CG” or the ""Company"") is a Jeddah-based management firm established to build, launch and manage specialized real estate centered platforms in the OIC. CG was founded in 2009 as Capitas and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the Company has since been engaged by governments and leading private sector institutions to develop and oversee platforms and projects worth in excess of SAR 10 billion.
The Company's two main business areas - Real Estate Financial Platforms (FP) and Real Estate Development Services (REDS) - work on real estate sector projects in Saudi Arabia and the broader OIC. While FP develops finance related solutions to support home buyers and housing developers, REDS manages large scale real estate developments on behalf of project sponsors, investors and land owners. Both teams work independently and integrate seamlessly to provide clients and partners with a full range of real estate sector expertise - from planning to design, to finance, and execution.
CG has partnered and collaborated with some of the most prominent and influential public and private sector institutions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and globally. In Saudi Arabia, CG is responsible for the launch and set up of the following platforms:
• Bidaya Home Finance Company – a SAR 900 million national home finance company to be licensed under SAMA and comprised prominent public sector institutions and family houses. CGI is responsible for the full build and launch of the company.
• The Saudi SME Fund - CGI is responsible for the structuring, set up and co-management of the Saudi SME Fund. The Saudi SME fund is the largest fund of its kind in Saudi Arabia targeting investment in small and medium enterprises throughout the Kingdom and across multiple sectors. Key investors/sponsors of the SME Fund are the Islamic Development Bank, the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector, and the Saudi Credit and Savings Bank.
• Ijmal Limited – Ijmal is the first ever mezzanine real estate company in Saudi Arabia. Ijmal will target residential housing developers through an innovative Shari’ah compliant structure which combines both debt and equity into a single investment package. Key sponsors of Ijmal include the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector, Bank Nizwa (Oman), Al Othaim Holding and Deghaither Group.
Mandates at CG’s REDS division include a mixed-use Radisson Blu development in North Riyadh, a high rise residential tower on Jeddah’s Corniche, a luxury resort in North Obhur, Jeddah, and the complete development brief for Jabal Sharashif in Makkah, among several others. The REDS team also leads CGI’s collaboration with IFA Hotel Investments of Kuwait to build YOTEL branded hotels across Saudi Arabia.
In addition to its recent projects in KSA, CG’s management team has also been responsible for establishing the following platforms:
• Enterprise Qatar - a QR 2 billion small and medium enterprise authority mandated by Qatar’s Ministry of Business and Trade.
• Zayan Finance – a specialty commercial conduit finance company set up in collaboration with Deutsche Bank (USA)
• Zayan Takaful – the first ever takaful homeowners’ insurance company set up in partnership with AIG and Lexington Insurance Company.
• Guidance Financial Group – the first Shari’ah compliant mortgage company in the United States launched in collaboration with Freddie Mac.